In this video I show you how to Backup WordPress Database on HostMonster in under 2 minutes. It’s not surprising since there are only a few steps. Note: This particular method may not apply to your web host. There are a few different ways to backup WordPress database, this is one of them.
These instructions are the actual transcription of the video. I apologize if it’s not perfect.
How to backup WordPress database
- Login to your web host and locate cPanel.
- Click on WordPress and navigate to your WordPress directory.
- Click advanced, now you see where it displays the database name. Remember it.
- Go back to cPanel and login to phpMyAdmin.
- On the left side you will see a list of databases. Select the database you want to back up.
- On the right you will see an export tab, select it and select the export method, “quick”.
- Click the go button. You will be presented with a window, select your locations and save.
Note: You could also find the name of your database in File Manager inside the wp-config.php file.
Note: This method may look different on your web host.
If you’d prefer to watch the video, click here.
Related content and additional resources – WordPress SEO. Please leave questions and comments below.